Friday, September 01, 2006

Tank Explosion, 1960

Amphibious Invasion, 1960

Combat! Tent, 1960

As I posted this I realize it is mis-named. I thought the cross-hatching on the helmet meant that this was Vic Morrow as Sgt. Chip Saunders in TV's Combat!, but the animals & other details don't jibe; the whole thing looks like an Arabian scene to me now, some sort of Orientalist fantasy where turbans and keffiyehs share the same tent. God knows. So it looks like this isn't even about war. Well, we all make mistakes; some of us just don't bother to hide them. Anyway, a little research points out that Combat! didn't start airing until 1962 (I saw it beginning in 1963 when we moved back to the USA from Indonesia). And blow me down with a feather but did you realize that Jennifer Jason Leigh is Vic Morrow's daughter?

Battle At Mushroom House, 1960

Again, who the hell knows? This could be a science-fiction type thing, as I drew a lot of landing craft like the one here. But it could as easily be a nuclear explosion, a giant glazed donut. Who knows what lurks in the mind of a four year old?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home