Saturday, July 01, 2006

Marker on cardboard; 17"h x 15"w

Marker on cardboard; 12"h x 10"w
Bought from retired Staff Sargeant Edward Hahn on August 20th, 1996, on the south side of Market Street between Noe & Sanchez. Mr. Hahn told me: "You're not the first person to buy my sign."


Marker on cardboard: 11"h x 11"w
Bought at the bottom of the 5th & Harrison off-ramp of westbound Interstate 80 in SF CA from "Marvin's friend" Earl on 11/2/03.


Marker on cardboard; 14"h x 19"w
A double-sided piece, found not bought. Technically not a panhandling sign but I couldn't resist collecting & exhibiting this. I'm not all that interested in laughing at people who are unusual or who can't spell correctly. But I am interested in the range of content that people are compelled to communicate, and how they manage to communicate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home