Sunday, October 01, 2006

Scott MacLeod Drawings 1960-1962: Part 2: Bulldozers & Tractors

We lived in Caracas, Venezuela from 1958 through 1960. Our first home in Caracas was an apartment building near a construction site. I'd stand on the balcony in my bathrobe, holding my stuffed chimpanzee, Kokomo Joe, and watch the giant yellow backhoes, bulldozers, cranes and other "trattors" for hours. At least once I got a chance to ride a few. Most days I'd have to be satisfied with drawing them. Here are some drawings of bulldozers, cranes, tractors, cars & less determinate vehicles, along with a few photos of me either riding or drawing.


Huge Tractor, 1960

Since this October exhibit is kind of small, I've also posted a related exhibit in the North Oakland Temporary Museum ANNEX that details a "performance" I made while/of working as Project Manager for an engineering company retrofitting a 120' CorTen steel pedestrian bridge & installing over a creek in San Jose CA in 2005-6.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home