Friday, December 01, 2006

Scott MacLeod Collection 4: Fearlessness & Camaraderie

Chantal DeFelice

This is my latest acquisition. I sort of had to have it as soon as I saw it on the wall at auto3321 gallery in Oakland. It just made me so happy. It reminded me of 1983-84, hanging out at the 17th & Mission flat with Lisa Kim, Andrea Menefee, Mary O'Neal & Trish Pashby, a great group of women who had tremendous camaraderie & fearlessness at that time. I was about 28 & they were all about 23. Back then the music was Pop-O-Pies, Au Pairs, Flipper, Delta 5, Theater of Hate, Faith No More, Slits, Marine Girls, Young Marble Giants, The Cure, stuff like that. There are few things more invigorating than hanging out with young, brave, intelligent women. It was a very fun time & this drawing brought it all back to me in an instant. Plus it was cheap enough I could actually afford it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home